The following is a list of different print resources on a variety of topics concerning Ignatius and his methods of teaching, understanding, leadership, and social justice.
Print Resources by Subject
- Tylenda, Joseph N. A Pilgrim’s Journey: The Autobiography of Ignatius of Loyola. San Francisco:Ignatius Press, 2001.
- Barry, William A., S.J., and Robert G. Doherty, S.J. Contemplatives in Action: The Jesuit Way. New York: Paulist Press, 2002.
- Burke, Kevin F., Eileen Burke-Sullivan and Phyllis Zagano. The Ignatian Tradition. Minnesota: Liturgical Press, 2009.
- Coutinho, Paul, S.J. An Ignatian Pathway: Experiencing the Mystical Dimension of The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola. Chicago: Loyola Press: 2011.
- Fleming, David L., S.J. What is Ignatian Spirituality? Chicago: Loyola Press, 2008.
- Harter, Michael, S.J. Hearts on Fire: Praying with Jesuits. Chicago: Loyola Press, 1993.
- Healey, Charles J., S.J. The Ignatian Way: Key Aspects of Jesuit Spirituality. New York: Paulist Press, 2009.
- Houdek, Frank J, S.J. Guided by the Spirit: A Jesuit Perspective on Spiritual Direction. Chicago: Loyola Press, 1996.
- Martin, James, S. J. The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life. New York: Harper Collins, 2010.
- Muldoon, Tim. The Ignatian Workout:Daily Spiritual Exercises for a Healthy Faith. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2004.
- Silf, Margaret. Companions of Christ: Ignatian Spirituality for Everyday Living. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2004.
- ——————Inner Compass: An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2000.
- Tetlow, Joseph A., S.J. Making Decisions in Christ: The Foundations of Ignatian Spirituality. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2008.
- Traub, George W., S.J. An Ignatian Spirituality Reader. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2008.
- —————– A Jesuit Education Reader. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2008.
Ignatian Humanism and Pedagogy
- Bergman, Roger C. Catholic Social Learning: Educating the Faith that Does Justice. New York: Fordham University Press, 2011.
- Byron, William J., S.J. Jesuit Saturdays: Sharing the Ignatian Spirit with Friends and Colleagues. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2008.
- Cueva, Edmund P., Shannon N. Byrne and Frederick Benda, S.J. Jesuit Education and the Classics. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009.
- Modras, Ronald E. Ignatian Humanism: A Dynamic Spirituality for the 21st Century. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2004.
- Wirth, Eileen. They Made All the Difference: Life-Changing Stories from Jesuit High Schools. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2007.
Catholic Social Justice
- Welie, Jos V.M. and Judith Lee Kissell. Jesuit Health Sciences and the Promotion of Justice: An Invitation to a Discussion. Milwaukee: Marquette University Press, 2004.
- Brackley, Dean. The Call to Discernment in Troubled Times: New Perspectives on the Transformative Wisdom of Ignatius of Loyola. New York: Crossroad Publishing Company, 2004.
- Gallagher, Timothy M. The Discernment of Spirits: An Ignatian Guide for Everyday Living. New York: Crossroad Publishing Company, 2005.